03 July 2007

Greetings from Oxford University... Oxford, Uk.

So, I made it to England.. While I was on the bus to Oxford, I started talking to a guy who was also heading to Oxford. As it turns out, he is returning back to school here from, of all places, Liberia.. So, an hour's bus ride and a long conversation later, here I am posting from the Oxford University Educational Research Dept.'s computer where he is a PhD student.

Anyway, Oxford is beautiful. I am already in love with it here and it's only 1140am. The thousand year old buildings are one thing, but the people - all outwardly warm and friendly and, man, those accents! It makes me almost feel bad to tell them that they are all driving on the wrong side of the road!

Anyway, I am checking into my hostel sometime this afternoon.. After that I shall be out and about in Oxford town... What's his name (Lyle, I think) has some friends in town and they know some good bars where the beer pours freely...

That's it for now.. I'm off to wander the streets.

2 comments:

This is thao's blog said...

yea dude.. just wanted to leave you a comment... b/c i can! british accents are awesome.. almost as awesome as the transformers movie!

Anonymous said...

So glad you made it... your adventures have already begun... You are still missed in SD!